Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Calypso

I'm heading down to the studio, but before I do I wanted to share a picture of my canary, Calypso. He has a beautiful song that I hear first thing in the morning and throughout the day, if I'm upstairs! I bought him a new cage over the weekend, and he's got much more room to fly and move around. Calypso is a cross between an intensive red factor and a bronze red factor, bred by a breeder in Virginia. I'm sharing this because I went to the quilt fabric store yesterday hoping to find some nice, colorful fabric to hang on the back side of his new cage to brighten up his corner of the room even more. He looks so tiny in his new big cage! Anyway, walking into that fabric store I was in heaven for color and design inspiration for my glass art beads! Wow! I could have spent the day there just oohing and awing at all the colors and designs. I've spent part of the morning working on a mock-up of a new mixed-media piece, listening to Calypso's song. Now it's time to head to the studio to make my lampwork beads and play with color and glass, while my new inspiration and creative muse is with me! I'll post a new pic, maybe a video of him and his song in his new cage after I get the fabric up!
Have a great one!

1 comment: