Sunday, February 8, 2009

Working on my artists statement for my new web site. Let me know what you think:

"I am inspired to create my art by everything around me, always aware of color, light, feelings and sounds. I primarily work with glass rods making glass beads and am exploring using my handmade glass beads with metals.
When I create my art I lose myself in the comingling of the colors of glass being melted in the flame as I watch the flame dance. I am so in tune to my hands being so careful to place each addition to the piece where it feels to me it should be placed. I cannot help but wonder who will be called by this piece as I was called to create it, to want to hold it, touch it, examine it closely. My hope is that the person or persons viewing my creations get lost in their own thoughts of what I was thinking when I created it, how was it made, how long did it take? All of the pieces of art I create are made to be touched."

Does it make sense? Do I need to say more, say less? What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I think it is pretty good! Not too long, not too short, descriptive without being too wordy.
    The only problem with it is that you've reminded me that I need to stop procrastinating and get mine done!

    ReplyDelete